Friday, August 17, 2007

Mimo-What?

[Photo by NiNa]

For the longest time I've been needing to get a USB flash drive, but kept holding out because I really, really wanted a Mimobot (by Mimoco). It's like a functional doo-dad that could also double as a toy -- what's not to love about that? They even have a little story: they're from the Planet Blooh located in galaxy 4210 . . . you can check that out here.

At 2", they come in an array of designs by contemporary artists and have even teamed up with some pretty awesome franchises like Gloomy Bears, Star Wars (remember our past post about them?) and most recently Happy Tree Friends.


[Photo by NiNa]

You can get these little dudes in capacities of 512 MG, 1 GB, 2 GB and 4 GB. And depending on which design you get, they're produced in limited editions of 250 - 3,500 units. See, they're collectibles and compatible with both Macs and PCs. Prices range from $39.95 - $109.95.

I finally got one when I went to Comic Con -- the 2 GB Gigglebyte. Originally I was going to get the Fairybit, but I guess the saleswoman thought I was pointing at something else . . . oh well. I got the last 2 GB Gigglebyte so HA!


And with my purchase I got a free Vimobot. Vimobots are 4" vinyl toys and are blind-boxed. The designs they have out right now are of the Mimobots from the first core series.

It's also available in plain white for your DIY pleasure, plus its also a contest! Take a picture of your DIY creation and submit it to Mimoco. People will get to vote on designs and the ones that win will get to see their Vimobot turned into an actual Mimobot!

Round one is done . . . bring on two!

No comments: