Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's Pushing *Daisies* -- not people!



The Pushing Daisies panel was the one thing I was hella excited about for this year's Con. The quirky 12-time Emmy nominated show about a pie maker with the gift to bring dead things back to life (and back to dead) made its debut at last year's convention, which I missed because no one wanted to go with me .... ::sigh::. I figured this year would be my chance, even if I had to go by myself -- which I did! Their panel had the whole cast, Lee Pace, Anna Friel, Chi McBride, Ellen Greene, Kristin Chenoweth, Swoosie Kurtz, and executive producers Dan Jinks and Peter Ocko, and moderated by special guest and executive producer Barry Sonnenfeld (Men in Black, people!). Special clips from the upcoming season were shown along with highlights from season 1.

But when I went to line up for room 6A (which isn't even all that big a room), I found myself going down the hall, into another hall, out the door, and down the stairs -- that description doesn't even justify how long the line was! I thought to myself, "There's no way I'm getting in. I'll just go to the signing at the WB booth."

Three hours of circling and unorganized chaos later . . . I didn't even get in line! People were pushing and shoving like crazy, so I suppose some fans were just living up to the name of the show.

Good news for you guys though (and me too in a sense) is that I managed to at least get some pictures of the show's star, Lee Pace, who is up an Emmy for Best Actor. n_n

This is the best from the bunch:

Comic Con 2008

Pushing Daisies comes out on DVD and Blu-ray Sept. 16, and the second season begins Oct. 1 at 8 p.m. on ABC. To catch full episodes, check out ABC's website.

Next year will be MY year! And more news and pictures are on the way. :)

No comments: