Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Midnight Magic

As promised, here's a little something from the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Sorry for the delay, but that Comic Con sure did take a whole lot out of me... and I just downloaded the software to upload my pix to my computer =)

Being the dork that I am, I decided that I had to go to the Harry Potter midnight book release because it was the last book of the series. If I didn't go this time, there wouldn't be a next time and I didn't want to have any regrets. So I dragged rye-uhn-air-ick [it was reserved under his name] and we went to the Borders Grand Hallows Ball.
Let me back track a bit for some of you. To celebrate this momentous occasion, Borders had a Harry Potter party on the eve of July 20th that started from 9:00pm and went until midnight. Get into character and enter their costume contest. State your opinion in the Great Snape Debate or show off those Ravenclaw smarts in the Potter Spelling Bee. Unfortunately, we missed all the fun and games because we were coming back from out-of-town. However, we made it just in time to not win anything in the raffle...
The Borders I went to had all the festivities inside the mall and it was really odd seeing so many people there after business hours. We were given wristbands that were color-coded to indicate which group of people could line up first to get their books come midnight. I was in the second grouping but didn't get home until after 2:00am! Can't say I regret any of it though... just wish I was able to take better pictures. The lighting in the mall wasn't really that great.
And just 'cause, here's an exclusive Harry Potter tote bag the folks at Scholastic were giving away at the Con in San Diego. It's made of some sort of synthetic material and has the cover image from the recently released book printed on both sides (Harry on one, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named on the other.) People had to get to their booth early to get ahold of one of these babies! Luckily, I got one on the last day they were giving them out.

Until next time...


[all photos courtesy of carmeL]

No comments: