Friday, July 6, 2007

I got Shag'd in San Francisco



After running into many One Way streets that wouldn't allow us to get onto Larkin Street, my pals and I were finally able to make it to the Shooting Gallery to check out Shag's "The Merchant of Menace". His colorful retro-cocktail-ish-swingin'-hipster art brightened up the white gallery walls. On display were some prints, original paintings for the show, and large nude canvas paintings.


"On the Heath"


"One Enchanted Evening" (It's the Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland!)


L-R: "Violet", "Saffron", "Beryl"


"Nick Bottom" (One of my favorites!)


"The Discerning Guests"


"Green Nude with Bust of Shakespeare"

"The Merchant of Menace" ends tomorrow on July 7. And to see more of my pictures from the show, you can check them out on my photo gallery.

No comments: