Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Oh, Golly Gee Damn!

I've always loved Audrey Hepburn and Truman Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite books. You would automatically assume I'm crazy about the movie, right? That's a negative. I thought Audrey's portrayal of Holly Golightly was fab and the style of the movie was amazing -- like the bathtub sofa in Holly's apartment . . . loves it! Other than that, blah.

I think it's because they didn't capture the spirit of the story and Paramount just made it all "Hollywood" by giving it that happy ending. Oh yeah, and Mickey Rooney's politically incorrect portrayal of Japanese American didn't help either!



Anywho, besides the bathtub sofa there was something else in the movie that made me say, "Ooh! I want that!". There's a scene of Holly Golightly in bed with the sweetest looking sleep-mask ever. It's a pretty shade of Tiffany blue with gold trim and eyelashes to give it a "sleepy" effect.

Thanks to the fine folks at Fred Flare, for $14.oo I can finally have one! They created a mask very similar to Holly's with blue satin, gold trim, and, of course, eyelashes. Now if only they could make some tassel earplugs to go with the sleep-mask . . . :)

2 comments:

Erika said...

http://popgloss.com/safety/b65aad629e4dc4ad1afe4df208224606&pageoffset=0
they are red instead of blue though....

Erika said...

http://www.popgloss.com/safety
its not even a good link anymore. sorry. i'm sure you could fab your own quite easily!